Dear readers and members of The New Century School community, Immersed is happy to herewith arrive at Post #200! (Cue the fireworks!)
To commemorate this achievement, we give you all 199 prior posts, starting with the most recent and ending with Immersed’s very first post on October 12, 2012. Please enjoy this look at how Immersed (and TNCS) have evolved together over the years!
199. Taking Time Out for Peace at TNCS
198. TNCS Hosts a Special 10th-Anniversary Back-to-School Night!
197. TNCS Exemplifies Four Core values
196. Belaboring Labor Day: Two Schools of Thought
195. TNCS Summer Theatre Camp 2016: A Week of Wonder
194. TNCS Camp Invention 2016 is Epic!
193. TNCS Chinese Summer Camp: Promoting Healthy Lifestyles and Happy Campers!
192. Kids Brush Up on Creativity at TNCS
191. Summer Camp with the Painting Workshop!
190. Kids Get It Together at TNCS Lego Camp!
189. TNCS Spanish Immersion Camp Gets Kids Hablar*!
188. Hit the Ground Learning in Summer 2016 with TNCS-Approved Resources
187. Goodbye 2015–2016 School Year! It’s Been Great!
186. TNCS Upper Elementary Bond in the Great Outdoors!
185. TNCS Elementary Attends Healthy Harbor 2015 Report Card Release!
184. TNCS Teachers and Admin Share School Memories, Part 2
183. TNCS Upper Elementary Treads the Boards!
182. TNCS Teachers and Admin Share School Memories
181. TNCS Hosts Education Conference for Teachers from China!
180. Multilingual Media for Kids: Explore Beyond Dora; Bid Kai-Lan Farewell!
179. Go Native for Earth Day 2016!
178. TNCS Elementary Engages in Conservation by the Barrel
177. Why You (Yes, You!) Should Consider Becoming a Host Family!
176. TNCS Science Fair 2016: It All Starts with a Good Question!
175. TNCS Teachers Get Mindful!
174. Guest Blog: Stop and Smell the Roses!
173. Meet the Art Teacher: A Portrait of Elisabeth Willis
172. TNCS Primary Workshop: Connecting Montessori to Home
171. “Keeping The Conversation Going” – In Multiple Languages!
170. TNCS Elementary Gets Positively Presidential!
169. TNCS Goes to the Grammys!
168. TNCS Celebrate the Chinese New Year!
167. TNCS Parent Workshop: Making the Transition from Pre-Primary to Primary
166. TNCS Elementary Walk Back Through History with Frederick Douglass!
165. Meet the Teachers: Wei Li and Yangyang Li!
164. Meet the Teacher: Kiley Stasch Joins TNCS Elementary!
163. Vote for Your Favorite Post of 2015
162. TNCS Middle School: Opening the Window of Awakening
161. TNCS Elementary Saves the Holidays!
160. Right from the Start: Talking with Elementary-Age Children about Sexuality
159. Meet the Teacher: Manuel Caceres
158. Lessons in Gratitude at TNCS
157. TNCS Visits Schools in China!
156. You are NOT human!
155. Go Outside and Get Dirty, Kids!
154. TNCS Honors Dia de los Muertos!
153. TNCS K/1st Classes Get to the Core of Apple-Harvesting!
152. Cutting Edge Skills at TNCS
151. The Most Important Partner: You!
150. TNCS Performs at Continental Bridge Celebration!
149. TNCS School Lunch Goes Global!
148. ColorCycling Comes to TNCS!
147. Councilman Kraft’s Fall Initiatives at TNCS
146. Guest Blog: Back-to-School Transitions
145. Back-to-School Traditions from Around the World!
144. Meet the Newest Addition to TNCS’s Administration!
143. STARTALK 2015 Campers Get a Taste of Taiwan!
142. TNCS-Approved Resources: Avoid the Summer Slide!
141. Help TNCS Support Pratt’s Summer Reading Program!
140. TNCS Elementary Attends Healthy Harbor Report Card Release!
139. TNCS Elementary Field Trip: A Natural Choice
138. TNCS Elementary Skypes with Students from other Countries!
137. TNCS Primary Students Have Something to Crow About!
136. Mindful Parenting: A TNCS Workshop that Could Change the World
135. Planet Uptune Debuts CD at Dunfest 2015!
134. Gilman School Seniors Visit TNCS for Some Spanish Fun!
133. TNCS Elementary Takes Earth Day by Storm!
132. TNCS’s Go-Green-for-Earth-Day Raffle!
131. Read-a-Thon Opens New Chapter for TNCS Outdoor Activities
130. How to Be an “Askable” Parent
129. TNCS Elementary Students Inform through Writing
128. TNCS STEM Fair 2015 Makes a Huge Splash!
127. TNCS’s Second Annual Town Hall
126. News for STARTALK at TNCS!
125. TNCS Primary Classes Jazz It Up!
124. TNCS Rings in the Year of the Sheep!
123. TNCS Students Discover Math-e-Magic!
122. Transitioning from Preprimary to Primary at TNCS
121. TNCS Welcomes DBFA and the “Big Kids”!
120. So What’s Bugging You?
119. Phys Ed Is Going Strong at TNCS!
118. Meet the Teacher: Montessori-Trained Maria Mosby Joins TNCS
117. Standardized Testing Debate Continues
116. Winter Break—It’s Not Just for Homework Anymore!
115. TNCS Elementary Information Night Rounds Out a Great 2014!
114. TNCS’s Winter Performance Amazes and Delights!
113. TNCS Launches New Website!
112. Lessons in Thanksgiving at TNCS
111. TNCS Elementary Needs Your Vote!
110. Meet the Teacher: Elementary STEM Instructor Dan McGonigal Joins TNCS
109. State-of-the-Science Elementary Writing Instruction at TNCS
108. TNCS Elementary Students to Enter BGE Video Contest!
107. Theatre Workshop Promotes Team-Building among TNCS Elementary Students
106. TNCS and Councilman Kraft: Outreach for Our Shared Community
105. Meet TNCS’s Newest Chinese Teachers!
104. TNCS Uses Viridian’s Power with Purpose!
103. TNCS Performs at Confucius Institute Day!
102. TNCS Students Get the Wiggles Out and the Learning In!
101. Back-to-School Night: Meet New TNCS Teachers and More!
100. Immersed’s Centennial!
99. It’s Good to Be Back at TNCS!
98. TNCS Gets Ready for School!
97. Camp Invention Takes Creativity to New Heights (and New Depths) at TNCS!
96. TNCS Knows Safe Urban Gardening!
95. Cooking and Gardening Camp at TNCS Is a Recipe for Fun!
94. STARTALK Is a Huge Success at TNCS!
93. TNCS Summer Camp Heats Up Under New Directorship
92. The Painting Workshop at TNCS: Kids Paint the Town!
91. TNCS Drama Camp Brings Out Kids’ Inner Artists
90. TNCS Summer “Move It!” Camp Gets Kids Moving and Learning!
89. Excitement and Creativity Build at TNCS Lego Camp!
88. TNCS “Pops” the Trash!
87. TNCS Elementary Sing in Mandarin in Command Performance!
86. STARTALK Shines at TNCS!
85. Best of Immersed: Reader Poll
84. Music Is in the Air at TNCS!
83. Community Conversation: Protecting Our Children
82. Baseball Fundraiser Scores Big for TNCS
81. Admissions Fridays: Your Ticket to Getting to Know TNCS!
80. Holidays at TNCS: How Do We Celebrate?
79. Meet the Big Kids with TNCS!
78. Cultivating a Growth Mindset at TNCS
77. Kids and Safety: When (If) to Let Go
76. TNCS Elementary Science Fair 2014!
75. TNCS Lower Elementary Goes Around the World in 80 Days
74. Making School Transitions: Pre-Primary to Primary at TNCS
73. See What’s Jumping at The Lingo Leap!
72. Cultural Diversity at TNCS: Insiders’ Perspectives
71. Year of the Horse Festivities Giddy-Up at TNCS
70. TNCS’s Foreign Language Program Embraces the 5 Cs
69. Spaceship Club Elevates Aftercare at TNCS!
68. TNCS’s Garden Tuck Shop Program Relaunches!
67. TNCS’s Inaugural Town Hall
66. TNCS Elementary Information Night: A School Grows and Flourishes
65. New Year’s Resolutions TNCS Style
64. TNCS Holiday Outreach Programs
63. TNCS Wins Southeast Baltimore City Schools Recycling Competition!
62. What Does Kindergarten Look Like at TNCS?
61. Volunteerism at TNCS
60. TNCS: A School to Be Thankful For
59. The ABCs of ZZZs at TNCS
58. Anxiety-Free Kids at TNCS
57. TNCS Gives Thanks by Giving Back
56. TNCS Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
55. Pipa Concert at TNCS
54. Elementary Strength Training
53. Open House at TNCS
52. Happy Birthday, Immersed!
51. History of Our Beloved Buildings
50. STEM Teacher Arrives at TNCS!
49. TNCS Back-to-School Night
48. School Daze: Where to Educate City Kids?
47. A TNCS Original
46. Immersed Is Here!
45. Hack the Trash: Community Art Project
44. International Camp at TNCS
43. Making the Case for Cursive
42. Elementary Math and Reading Skills: Important Predictors of Successful Adulthood
41. Bagging Bagged Lettuce
40. Summertime Theatrics: Drama Camp at TNCS
39. And the Winner Is . . .
38. You Say Tomayto, I Say Tomahto
37. Adventures with One Straw Farm CSA
36. The New Century School: A Retrospective and Prospective Look
35. The Rename Game
34. Resources and Links Page for TNCS Families
33. Sanctuary Bodyworks: An Exercise Haven
32. Honoring Parenthood at The New Century School
31. Camp Invention Returns to TNCS in June
30. Strengthening Friendships, Creating Art: TNCS Welcomes Back Baltimore Love Project
29. Making Summer Count—Weekly Camps at TNCS
28. Touch Screens and Your Child: To App or Not To App
27. Breaking Down the GMO Issue: Some Earth Day Musings
26. Spring Break—a Noteworthy Topic
25. Community-supported Agriculture and TNCS
24. Elementary Science Fair!
23. Standardized Testing: It’s Time to Talk About It
22. Imagination Playground Comes to TNCS
21. Language, Math, and Science—Montessori Style!
20. Charmed by TNCS’s Year of the Snake Performance
19. Green Neighborhood Energy Challenge: TNCS Update
18. Preschool Conundrum Solved: Research Demonstrates Benefits of Montessori Education
17. Language Curriculum Specialist Joins TNCS
16. The Importance of Being Artistic
15. Multilingualism at TNCS: Optimizing Your Child’s Executive Function
14. TNCS Launches Green Neighborhood Energy Challenge
13. Achieving Balance in Education at TNCS
12. Giving Back: TNCS Kids and Heifer International
11. Elementary Program Merges Montessori and Progressive Education at The New Century School
10. Top 10 Reasons to Attend Montessori Kindergarten
Inside the Montessori Classroom
9. Exercising That Mind–Body Connection
8. Blown Away with Wind Energy
7. Getting the Education Nitty Gritty
6. Sustainable School Lunch: Garden Tuck Shop Program Part 2
5. Sustainable School Lunch: Garden Tuck Shop Program Part I
4. Baltimore Love Project
3. Kindness Counts!
2. International Walk-to-School Day
1. Hello World!