Dear Readers, this is a proud day, marking the end of Year 1 of The New Century School‘s blog. That’s right, 52 posts later, here we are (this is #53). To celebrate, let’s take a look back at what your favorite posts have been—after all, we’re here for you.
Top 10 Most Popular Posts
- Preschool Conundrum Solved: Research Demonstrates Benefits of Montessori Education (224 views so far)
- Achieving Balance in Education at TNCS (215 views so far)
- Sustainable School Lunch: Garden Tuck Shop Program Part I (199 views so far)
- Elementary Science Fair! (175 views so far)
- Top 10 Reasons to Attend Montessori Kindergarten (171 views so far)
- Inside the Montessori Classroom (156 views so far)
- Exercising That Mind–Body Connection (146 views so far)
- Elementary Program Merges Montessori and Progressive Education at The New Century School (130 views so far)
- A TNCS Original (128 views so far)
- Language, Math, and Science—Montessori Style! (125 views so far)
Because a little analysis is just irresistible, let’s draw some conclusions. It’s pretty clear that Montessori and Elementary are the commonest themes on this list, which is entirely appropriate. TNCS is achieving something entirely unique in education in meshing a progressive, rigorous curriculum with the gentleness and humanity of the Montessori approach. TNCS students learn the standard academics but also get a firm grounding in foreign language and an abundance of the arts, movement, and technology. Perhaps most important and often overlooked in conventional schools is the attention to social relationships and building mutually respectful interactions with peers and with the administration.
So thank you, readers, for your following and your support. What would you like to read more about in future?